Wednesday 28 April 2010

To much mash potato's

I have always had a love affair with traditional English winter fayre, so lot's of beef stew with dumplings and mash, or any kind of pie with mash, pork belly with mash, roast dinner with mash all washed down with several pints of organic cider and a crackling fire, enough with the mash its spring!!
Now don't get me wrong I will still be eating potato's in all there various forms at a more than normal and buttery rate, but I feel it is definitely now the time to cut back a bit, especially with all the gorgeous weather we have been having so this weeks meal's are going to be potato free with my home-made chicken curry, sticky sweet and sour pork with egg fried rice and peanut stir fry to mention a few.
Tonight's meal was meant to be left over spaghetti bolognese and salad but my other half 'Mercer' suggested we have breakfast for dinner, hash browns, eggs, mushrooms, bacon, beans and sausage so not exactly a great start but I am weak when it comes to food and Breakfast for dinner sounds to good to miss really...

No comments:

Post a Comment