Monday 9 August 2010

The Real Patisserie, Brighton.

For those of you unfortunate enough to not reside in Brighton prepared to be jealous and I mean very jealous, I don't want to fall out over this but you have to know of it's existence. I am talking about 'The Real Patisserie' one of the finest Artisan bakeries I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. They are an independent company that uses traditional French methods for making bread, cakes, quiches, patisserie, sandwiches and everything is made on site by there largely French team of fabulous staff.
My lovely Mum would always get a box of cakes and patisserie from them for our Birthdays (as well as making us a cake of course!) and sometimes as a treat we would eat there almond croissants for a weekend breakfast,yummmmm.

Photobucket

They do open sandwiches 'Tartines' which are made using there rather famous chewy brown bread cut into long slices, I had chicken liver pate, cornichons and green peppercorns while Mercer had palma ham, artichokes, rocket and olive oil.
I didn't get a chance to take any photo's so I have used some of the website and other method's so you can see what the fuss is all about!

Photobucket
This is the 'Tartine' that Mercer had.

Photobucket
Here is just a tiny selection of the cakes and patisserie they do.

If you ever come to visit Brighton and fancy a spot of lunch then I highly recommend 'The Real Patisserie' as tasting is believing!

4 comments:

  1. I'm visiting for this alone! I'm staying for breakfast, lunch and then dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Popping down your way in the next month, so will definitely make a bee line for this place (and will send a link to your lovely blog to my sister, who lives in Hove). Have you got our birthday wish of a new camera yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura, yes you must make a visit, it really is worth it! My Birthday is on the 1st of September so I have to wait a little longer but fingers crossed. Thanks for calling my blog lovely, it's very nice to hear!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there! I was at uni in Brighton up until last year, I still go back every other weekend for something or other and always make time for a chocolate and almond croissant there! Oh my god they're LOVELY! Slightly dense, often warm and dusted in sugar enough to give u a santa mustache!
    I used to bake at Angel Food Bakery in the lanes, you should check out my food blog... http://tuck-box.blogspot.com/ I've a few cupcakes on there, my technique honed from many a morning spent baking THOUSANDS!

    ReplyDelete