Monday 25 April 2011

Spring Chicken with Braised Leeks and Mashed Peas

As it's been so God damn hot recently instead of the usual roast dinner that I always try to make on a Sunday I decided to go for something lighter.
Chicken, peas and leeks seems decidedly Spring themed to me so I went with that. I roasted a whole chicken because you can get a couple of days worth of meals out of it and it's good to be a bit frugal every now and then!
For my mashed peas, I cooked frozen petite pois in butter, white wine and chicken stock for a couple of minutes, then added pepper and creme fraiche before blitzing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also made some delicious braised leeks by slicing them length ways, putting in a dish with white wine, chicken stock, butter and black pepper so basically all the things I put in my peas apart from the creme fraiche!

Photobucket
It was a truly delicious meal to eat on my breezy balcony watching the sun set on my ever loved Brighton.

2 comments:

  1. It has been so gorgeous recently, Brighton is always at its best in the sunshine, it seems to come to life.

    This dish looks really yummy, I love leeks and it looks the perfect balance between of filling and light. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something special about Brighton in the Spring and Summer months, we are very lucky to live here!!!

    ReplyDelete