Wednesday 23 February 2011

Carrot loaf and cupcakes

I'm not the baking type because I find it almost impossible to follow instructions and be exact with my measurements and you need both those skills to bake anything really so I never bother, but today I really fancied carrot cake so somehow I managed to make them, bake them and eat a couple with no measuring and do you know what they are bloody good! Although I have tried to bake before without measuring and it was a disaster so it was very lucky they worked and I would definarly reccomend you did measure things! I made a yummy orange and cream cheese icing to go on top and have eaten three cupackes in about half an hour so well done me.

Photobucket
More random photography in my bedroom, this time by the windowsil with the light of my lamp!

Photobucket

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. ahhh... carrot cake is simply the best!.. nice looking loaf cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my all time favourite cake!! Glad you like my loaf Dom...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love a carrot cake and this looks very very yummy. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three cupcakes in half an hour? well done you :)
    Carrot cake is one of my favourites. Yours looks great with the orange cream cheese frosting.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and the nice comment. :)
    Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam, thanks for stopping by my blog:) I am a fan of carrot cake, although that could be as much to do with cream cheese icing....I would eat that stuff on a bit of cardboard, yum! Love your roast beef stir fry,the thought of roast beef and yorkshire pud almost makes the idea of the coming winter tolerable....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love carrot cake - the fact that there are vegetables involved make me feel less guilty about finding it so irresistible. Especially with that luscious cream cheese icing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the cream cheese icing is everyones favourite bit, god I love it!! And I always tell myself it's a 'healthy' cake becasue of the carrot's in it!!!

    ReplyDelete