Monday 14 January 2013

Chicken, Sweetcorn and Coconut Soup














Wow University is hard work, I didn't realise how much writing I would have to do...ridiculous.
I never been more busy in my whole entire life, if I'm not at Uni writing things then I'm at work and don't seem to do anything else at the moment. I almost forgot I had a blog, but tonite I am free!
Yesterday I made the traditional Sunday roast and so today I thought I would make a stock with the chicken carcass and use the leftover meat to make a soup.
I boiled the carcass in water along with carrots, onion, celery, peppercorns and bay leaves for around two hours.


Ingredients.

Home made chicken Stock
Roast Chicken shredded
Noodles
Corn on the Cob
2 Red Chillies (with seeds)
Knob of Ginger cut into thin batons
Small can of Coconut Milk
Splash of Mirin
Splash of Fish Sauce
Handful of Coriander















Slice the chillies and ginger, add a splash of mirrin and gently cook in a deep sided saucepan for a few minutes. Then slice the corn off the cob and add that to the pan along with the stock, coconut milk and the noodles and cook for around 4 minutes. Add the shredded chicken at the last moment so it can warm through and season with some fish sauce. Ladle into bowls and put some fresh coriander on the top. This is a great way to use leftovers, it's really good for you and the home-made chicken stock makes it taste extra amazing!















Hopefully it won't be so long until my next post but I do have four essays to do starting with sustainable fishing. x










5 comments:

  1. Excellent work for someone so busy. All the stuff you used I approve of (like anyone cares what I approve of).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!! Thanks Stephen, I am glad you approve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Uni is hard work and it's so cold at the moment! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... what an excellent soup combo... I love chicken and sweetcorn but I can imagine that the added coconut really takes this to another superlative level... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys, uni is hard work but I am enjoying it greatly!! The coconut really does make this a great soup, and recently I have started using fresh corn on the cobs instead of tinned in my cooking and it makes a big difference.x

    ReplyDelete