Saturday 31 March 2012

Smoked Paprika Roast Chicken with Saffron Potatoes and why I hate Estate Agents

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I hate estate agents and if you happen to be an estate agent reading this then I'm actually not sorry, I am sick of hearing estate agents tell me it has a quirky feature when what they mean to say is it's shit and we can't get rid of it, maybe your stupid enough to rent it from us and hand over nearly £2,000 for the privilege, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
So as you can tell my by previous comments I have been looking for a new place to rent in between working all the hours I can and trying not to have a nervous break down as there seems to be a huge lack of one bedroom flats available in Brighton and for this reason I have not felt like blogging and haven't even been cooking anything worth blogging about to be honest!
But we have had such lovely weather and yesterday I made this simple but really tasty meal and I suggest you do the same and eat it worth a big glass of white wine or beer...

Image and video hosting by <span class=
I smothered my free range chicken with piri piri oil and smoked paprika and smeared it with butter and olive oil before roasting in the oven.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I par-boiled some new potatoes before roasting them in olive oil with whole bulbs of garlic and saffron.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I served it with salad, sliced avocado, sun blushed tomatoes and a big blog of mayo.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Oh and I have now found a flat through a private landlady and it even has a little garden which is virtually impossible to get in Brighton, I move in on Thursday so horray for me.

5 comments:

  1. I AM happy for you. A little garden can be a wonderful thing, especially because it's time in just a couple of weeks to do some planting.
    At our rented house there is no place for a garden. I think we could plant in some pots. I'll think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this looks pretty awesome!! And congratulations on finding yourself a flat with a garden. Renting a one bed in Brighton is just about the hardest and most stressful thing ever, I know your pain!! After a particularly bad experience last year with a horrid agent, we've managed to find somewhere nice this time around, praying they don't raise the rent so we can stay another year!! Well done again, hopefully the sun will come out again for your move in day!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so looking forward to having a garden Stephen, it has been to long!
    Alex it's a complete and utter nightmare in Brighton for renting, I'm so glad me and my partner have a place at last that is actually nice and from a private landlady instead of from an estate agents!!!!!! And I hope you get to stay where you are living now!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are making me hungry and today I do plan to have chicken but I might also added potatoes like you baked. Moving is stressful and I am happy for you that you found just the right place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely going to make this! x

    ReplyDelete