Saturday 3 December 2011

Trip to Amsterdam and lot's of yellow food

I have spent the last week in Amsterdam with my lovely friend who came all the way from Australia to spend some time in the UK AND Europe. I had never visited Amsterdam before as I have generally associated it with groups of men on drunken stag do's and getting stoned in coffee shops neither if which I have an interest in! It turns out it has some really gorgeous architecture but I'm not entirely convinced of the food as it all seemed to consist of fried or baked things covered in whipped cream of a whole list of different sauces to put on chips, but sometimes yellow food is good and who doesn't like cake!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Some kind of cheese sauce on raw onions and chips, to be honest it wasn't that bad!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The waffles with whipped cream were amazing

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


One of the best things they had over there was hot chocolate, I was given a stick with rich Belgium chocolate to stir into hot milk with whipped cream and it was the best hot chocolate I had ever had but I didn't take a photo like a fool. I enjoyed my stay in Amsterdam and would love to go back again but must try not to eat so many chips and waffles next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment